A rookie JYP Entertainment employee Jung Jong Won has come under fire for publicly criticizing rival agency YG Entertainment. Jung Jong Won appeared on the intern recruitment show Super Intern and “won” his employment at JYP Entertainment.
On his personal instagram, Jung Jong Won blasted YG Entertainment’s BIGBANG and compared them to JYP Entertainment’s first generation group g.o.d.
[BIGBANG will never be g.o.d]
Jung Jong Won criticized YG Entertainment for being “an organization built on unstable foundation” and commented that the agency’s leader and artists are corrupt. He specifically pointed out, “Seungri’s scandal is only on the surface, what’s visible on the outside. But the fancy castle built on a pile of sand is always at risk.”
Jung Jong Won also blasted BIGBANG for not deserving the “Nation’s Boy Group” title, which was once given to g.o.d. He argued, while both idol groups released mega hit songs, BIGBANG will never be g.o.d.
Lastly, Jung Jong Won attacked YG Entertainment for focusing on the wrong things. He mentioned the agency’s promotion on BLACKPINK‘s “DDU-DU DDU-DU” music video reaching 700 million views on YouTube and called the effort “more meaningless than ever”.
This post received mixed reviews from netizens, with some agreeing to Jung Jong Won’s statements while many others backlashed at him for being out of line.
- “JYPE was right to hire him, he’s saying all the right things. LOL.”
- “Wow JYPE needs to come claim this employee.”
- “But you’ve worked there for like two seconds. Who do you think you are LOL.”
- “Does he realize how small the industry is? I mean, I don’t care what he says about who, but he really should’ve thought this through. I guess he thinks JYP will keep him forever, but there’s no good in having your face be known to the world like this.”
While the post has since been deleted, a former YG director captured the post in question and shared on his Instagram story, “I don’t think you should be writing things like this.”
Netizens found the former YG director’s involvement in the issue ridiculous and commented he should not have reacted or said anything.
- “I don’t think YOU should be writing things like this.”
- “Wow this is so sad LOL.”
- “The employee did cross a line, but so did this director for publicly attacking him…”
- “What is wrong with the people from YG Entertainment!”
Neither responded since sharing their opinions online, while netizens continue to debate whether their actions were reasonable. Read the full translation of Jung Jong Won’s Instagram post here: