Wiz Khalifa and Taeyeon have both responded to the accusations and theories about why they ended up not performing “See You Again” MAMA 2016.
Even though both Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa have exchanged words indirectly on Instagram and Twitter, respectively, fans are more confused than ever about the truth behind the situation.
Wiz Khalifa’s DJ, who goes by DJ Bonics, has become the most vocal party involved. He has posted dozens of tweets and replies on Twitter trying to explain the situation as understood by Wiz Khalifa’s team. At one point, he even leaked the first few seconds of the studio recording of the song before shortly taking it down. You can watch the video below.
Here’s a quick summary of what both sides have said so far:
Wiz Khalifa & DJ Bonics
1. Wiz Khalifa said Taeyeon backed out of the performance last minute.
2. They say they don’t know why she backed out. DJ Bonics asked fans to ask her why.
3. DJ Bonics posts a clip of the studio recording of “See You Again.”
4. DJ Bonics asked to take the videos down.
5. Wiz Khalifa says Taeyeon claimed she had to go to the hospital the night before. He also said she did the practice but then asked to be on a different stage than him, then canceled.
6. DJ Bonics claims “someone” took the performance away from the fans.
7. DJ Bonics says they were told that “they” didn’t want Taeyeon next to Wiz Khalifa on camera because he was too tall next to her.
8. DJ Bonics claims that if Taeyeon wanted to do the stage, she would have done it.
9. DJ Bonics clarified that Taeyeon “went back to the hotel.”
10. DJ Bonics said “they” did tell Wiz Khalifa’s team that Taeyeon went to the hospital.
1. Taeyeon explains that MAMA 2016 cancelled the stage because there was a problem with the music.
2. In response to Wiz Khalifa’s tweet, Taeyeon posted that she didn’t go to the hospital, but went to the hotel to wash up after waiting for him.
Check out the full timeline of tweets below:
Watch Wiz Khalifa Perform ‘See You Again’ at MAMA 2016
Watch Taeyeon’s performance at MAMA 2016 below: