The following text is a Korean OP-ED directly translated by Koreaboo and originally written by Pyo Jae Min of OSEN.
According to broadcast officials, Oh Min Suk and Kang Ye Won started their virtual married life in Jeju-do on June 4th, where the 36 and 35-year old couple are expected to showcase a virtual married life in their 30s. Oh Min Suk, who has a dandy image, coupled with Kang Ye Won, who has a bubbly charm, have increased expectations for the show.
Kang Ye Won showed her lovely side recently on MBC every1‘s Match Made in Heaven Returns while showing off her charm of being friendly and easy-going on the female special edition of Real Men. Oh Min Suk received much love as he took on the role as the cool Assistant Manager Kang in tvN‘s Misaeng.
Besides Oh Min Suk and Kang Ye Won, BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae and Red Velvet‘s Joy started their virtual marriage on June 3rd. Yook Sungjae and Joy are born in 1995 and 1996 respectively (the maknaes in their groups), making them 21 and 20 years old this year respectively. They became the youngest couple alongside Taemin (1993, 21) and Son Na Eun (1994, 20) who appeared on previously on We Got Married 4 in 2013.
With a first-love couple concept, Taemin and Son Na Eun gave off a fresh charm, and likewise, Yook Sungjae and Joy are expected to show a fresh and lively virtual marriage life with their matching young age.
The two couples perfectly filled up the vacant spots left by the current two who will be leaving We Got Married 4 soon: Henry and Yewon, Song Jae Rim and Kim So Eun. Replacing two couples at once has gathered anticipation from the viewers, where the show also confidently made their preparations.
Every season when We Got Married replaced their couples, it stirs a new sensation. Couples usually leave the show after six months, and this time, a much-anticipated new combination is being introduced. The new couple life will have its first broadcast on June 20th.
Whether the new couples will live according to their age and showcase fresh charms to the viewers and whether they will create a sensation are still unknown as of now.
To note, SM Entertainment has been eager in pushing their artists for the show once again, as Joy is in its youngest girl group Red Velvet and Kang Ye Won is an actress under SM C&C.
In response, although there are some who voiced out their willingness to give the show one last chance because of the newly invited members whom they support, most are feeling skeptical whether the show can be revived.
1. [+5088, -57] Are they rescue workers? What do they need to saveㅋㅋㅋㅋ There are many entertainment programs, so why WGM of all choices
2. [+3859, -347] Huh? Besides ‘Infinite Challenge,’ does MBC have any other entertainment shows…?
3. [+2600, -135] Are you using the kids to save the show? Just like three years ago, let’s go with the main class celebs. Stop using fillers and idols.
4. [+2147, -65] Aigoo…….
5. [+531, -22] I really cannot imagine Yook Sungjae and Joy… Just how old is Joy for her to get married…Those who like SM and We Got Married are really..
6. [+495, -5] Practically speaking, it’s inconvenient for such young idols to be virtually married. This is not a joke just for laughs, the youth and the younger kids will have an illusion about marriage after watching. There are many celebrities in their later half of their 20s and 30s. I see nothing else except your intention of using idols to increase viewer ratings
7. [+410, -13] Please just scrap We Got Married..