Song Joong Ki greeted fans for the first time in a long while. In a New Year’s greeting video, the actor wished fans the best of luck and teased plans for a fan meeting.
As it is the first that the public was hearing from him in awhile, naturally reaction was heated.
The actor’s divorce with actress Song Hye Kyo was finalized in 2019, and between 2017 to then, he did not appear on television through dramas or movies.
While some fans claimed his age was showing…
- “So he’s an 85-er.”
- “I guess he suffered a lot emotionally…”
- “no but kkk do you guys not age… what’s with the judgement on his looks; does it cost you to write a positive comment?”
- “seems like the quality is just bad?”
- “I don’t know about ageing but he lost lots of weight”
… other netizens defended him.
- “To maintain this much at 37 is already impressive”
- “What’s with you guys who judge him based off screenshots. He’s as handsome as ever.”
- “It’s obvious that he aged”
- “He’s handsome…if he’s like this at 37, isn’t he f*cking babyfaced and handsome?”
One thing’s for sure – Song Joong Ki looks handsome as ever! Fans can rejoice as he’s slated for a movie and a drama in 2021. He will be in Space Sweepers, a space opera film, and Vincenzo, a crime-busting drama.