The finale of Mnet‘s hit show Road to Kingdom will be broadcast live worldwide on Mnet’s K-Pop Channel on YouTube on June 18 (KST) as well as on the Mnet TV channel in Korea and other regions where the channel is available.
In addition to being able to watch the live finale of the show, international viewers will also be able to vote alongside domestic fans using the Whosfan app. Votes through the app will count for 30 percent of the final live broadcast score, with the remaining 70 percent coming from text votes from viewers in Korea. Votes will continue to be counted through an “observer system” where votes are tallied by strangers not associated with Mnet. This change was instituted after voting manipulation was revealed to have occurred throughout the seasons and episodes of the Produce series.
With the elimination of the first contestant Golden Child after the second round of performances, only six groups remain, listed in order from most points to least after the end of the first elimination: THE BOYZ, ONF, PENTAGON, ONEUS, VERIVERY, and TOO. The show’s next episode will air June 11 and will feature a “your song” theme, with the remaining contestants taking on some of K-Pop’s most well-loved songs, including INFINITE‘s “Be Mine” and MAMAMOO‘s “gogobebe.” Following this episode will be the reveal of the show’s top three contestants who will be moving onto the finale.
The group with the highest cumulative points at the end of the show will be able to take part in the sequel show Kingdom. If the winner of Road to Kingdom does not receive the highest number of votes during the Final Live Performances, then the group that does have the most votes from those final performances can also move on to the sequel show.
So far, groups have performed a variety of songs with a variety of themes. Some of these performances are the contestants’ songs, while others are reinterpreted covers of current and past hits and fan faves.
Road to Kingdom is a spin-off of a previous Mnet show Queendom. The premises are similar, with the contestants going head-to-head in a “comeback battle” featuring cover and original performances MAMAMOO was eventually crowned Queendom‘s winner, with OH MY GIRL finishing second.
As with the endings of the previous episodes, last week’s episode ended on a cliffhanger, leaving viewers on the edge of their seats as they wait to see who will make it to the next round.
The show has been filled with plenty of other memorable moments in addition to the suspenseful episode endings, including a special goodbye performance by PENTAGON to eldest member Jinho as he headed off to the army.
Road to Kingdom started with seven talented groups, and by next Thursday will be down to three, when a winner is ultimately crowned king. With just two weeks left and after all of the spectacular performances by all of the groups, who do you think will make it till the end?