EXID’s Hani has stepped up to reassure fans that she won’t be retiring after her contract expires, following her comment that she wanted to be a psychologist after she retired from singing.
In a previous show, Hani had expressed her desire to retire from entertainment and study to become a psychologist following the expiration of her contract with her current agency.
However, after a fan recently asked her if she would retire soon, Hani apologized and reassured the fan that she would not: “I need to clarify this. I can’t quit even after these promotions. I’m still bound to my contract, so I still have a few years left (laughs). I think it’s foolish to determine your life in a single moment, when you don’t even know what’s going to happen in the future, or if you’re going to change your mind.
“What I said on that braodcast was me being honest about what I want to do in the future, but now I realize that what I said was thoughtless and I’m sorry for worrying my fans. I promise to be EXID’s Hani even 10 years from now.”
Despite the positive note in Hani’s reassurance, many netizens have picked at Hani’s two contradicting comments, criticizing her for changing her mind and wanting to stay in the entertainment industry due to EXID’s recently found popularity.
1. [+810, -98] I can understand why she said she was going to quit when she wasn’t popular yet since it’s easy to think that this career path might not be working out for you. Now that she’s popular, you can’t expect her to be thinking the same way. I wish her luck.
2. [+750, -66] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ She said it’s foolish to decide her future now but then she decided it again for the next 10 years ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+722, -155] Probably wants to make money for as long as possible now that she’s doing well~
4. [+56, -12] Seems she can’t control her mouth ㅋㅋㅋ Bets her mom’s life, says she’s going to retire, takes back her retirement… can’t really trust anything she says.
5. [+55, -8] She seems like an emotional talker… says whatever she’s feeling in the moment instead of thinking logically
6. [+38, -8] Changed her mind now that she has income in her bank account
7. [+27, -5] No matter how hard it was, I don’t think it was right of her to say that. What does that make the members promoting with her? It’s like being assigned a team project at work so you’re all working late for it and one of your team members is like, “I’m quitting after my contract expires so whatever”… Well, they got popular now so I hope they work hard to have a long run.
Source: No Cut News