BLACKPINK finally made their comeback with their first mini album SQUARE UP in May and BLINKs around the world have been waiting for their return. To celebrate, BLINK’s made sure BLACKPINK would be setting records left and right.
1. Fastest Girl Group Music Video To Reach 10 million views.
It took just 6 hours and 15 minutes for “DDU-DU DDU-DU” to hit 10 million views. Only BTS‘s “FAKE LOVE” was faster, reaching it in 4 hours 56 minutes.
2. Fastest Girl Group Music Video To Reach 20 million views.
Just 7 hours later, the music video reached 20 million views. The total time it took to reach 20 million was 13 hours and 43 minutes.
3. Fastest Girl Group Music Video To Reach 30 million views.
In under 24 hours (22 hours and 54 minutes), the music video reached 30 million views.
4. Fastest Girl Group Music Video To Reach 40 million views.
While BLINK’s tried to get the music video to 40 million views in 24 hours with a late push, they fell just short, but still managed to hit 40 million in just 26 hours and 55 minutes.
5. Fastest Girl Group Music Video To Reach 50 million views.
It took less than 3 days for “DDU-DU DDU-DU” to hit 50 million views, clocking in at 50 hours and 27 minutes.
6. Most Views In 24 Hours For A Girl Group Music Video.
The music video received 33,713,799 views in 24 hours, making it not only the most viewed music by a girl group, but the 9th most viewed video ever in the first 24 hours.
7. Most Unique Listeners In The First Hour On MelOn For A Girl Group.
With 83,047 unique listeners in the first hour, “DDU-DU DDU-DU” took the #1 spot for girl groups and #8 overall behind powerhouses such as BTS, IU, BIGBANG, and Wanna One.
8. Most Unique Listeners In The First 24 Hours On MelOn For A Girl Group.
They proved the song was a hit with the public too, with 1,015,669 unique listeners throughout the song’s first 24 hours, topping Mamamoo‘s girl group record of 940,435 with “Yes I Am”.
9. Most #1 Placements On iTunes Charts For A Girl Group.
The SQUARE UP album has hit #1 on iTunes in 44 different countries, marking a new record for K-Pop girl groups.
10. First K-Pop Girl Group To Enter Top 50 On Spotify.
They became the first girl group to enter the Glocal Top 50 on Spotify, showing fans around the world were dying for this comeback.
Bonus: First Perfect All-Kill For A Girl Group On The New System.
Not only are BLACKPINK the first girl group to achieve a perfect all-kill following the new Instiz charting system, they are the first girl group of 2018 to achieve the feat and only the 4th K-Pop group overall.