Kei trucks, or kei-tora, are small flatbed trucks that are generally used in the construction and landscape industry to transport supplies, but for the past couple of years they have been transforming into magical garden oases. The Kei Truck Garden Contest has been hosted for several years by the Japan Federation of Landscape Contractors at the Nagai Botanical Garden in Osaka, Japan.
Landscape artists from every prefecture come and compete to see who will create the most beautiful and elegant gardens, all on the back of their trucks! The trucks are judged on their planning, expression, design, execution, and environment. Regardless of the winners, each truck is its own masterpiece!
1. A bench in the middle of nature
2. Mini-mountain paradise
3. Aquatic attraction
4. Wagon-wheeled wonder
5. Bonsai beauty
6. Hidden garden
7. Bright flowered simplicity
8. A cute fairy landscape
9. Hidden grotto
10. Mini-fireplace to warm you as much as the garden warms your heart
11. Built in coffee table for your enjoyment
12. Flowered fancy
13. A built in shelter so you never have to leave
14. Lush forest backdrop
15. The edge of water
16. No need to choose to dine in or not!
17. The perfect place for a cafe
18. Anybody up for a game of chess?
19. Rocky refuge
20. Where nature and construction meet in perfect harmony
21. Brilliant water feature
22. Rustic charm
23. Simple succulents
24. Perfect backyard space
25. Mini-garden within a mini-garden
26. Greenery all around
27. Sculptural garden
28. Peaceful place
29. Fun zigzag bamboo wall
31. Simple bamboo space
32. Gorgeous goldfish garden