Covering the songs of other groups has long been a staple of K-Pop. These are occasions which girl groups blew our minds with their covers of boy group songs.
1. (G)I-DLE – Fake Love (orig. BTS)
They took on a song with very difficult choreography and shined bright while performing it.
2. CLC – Black Suit (orig. Super Junior)
Very fitting since they were promoting “Black Dress” at the time.
3. Girl’s Generation – Sorry Sorry (orig. Super Junior)
This brief cover of their labelmates song came with accompanying costumes and everything.
4. DREAMCATCHER – Bang Bang Bang (orig. BIGBANG)
DREAMCATCHER exuded sexy confidence in their cover of “Bang Bang Bang”.
5. Lovelyz – Really Really (orig. WINNER)
A few members of Lovelyz did a vocal cover of “Really Really” and it was the cutest thing ever.
6. LABOUM – H.E.R (orig. Block B)
LABOUM captured the essence of Block B’s song and added their own spin to it.
7. GFRIEND – I NEED U (orig. BTS) and Growl (orig. EXO)
GFRIEND are renowned for their amazing dance ability and they proved it by mastering some of the hardest boy group dances.
8. TWICE – Overdose (orig. EXO)
TWICE performed this cover at one of their concerts and everyone wants to see a more official release. The vocal range and choreography on display is mesmerising.
9. IZ*ONE – Energetic (orig. Wanna One)
IZ*ONE performed this tribute to their Produce precursor group Wanna One. Chaeyeon’s dancing was on point as usual and Jo Yuri’s vocals are out of this world.
10. TWICE – Pretty U (orig. SEVENTEEN)
Speaking of TWICE covers. TWICE somehow managed to be cuter than SEVENTEEN when they performed “Pretty U”.