Although K-pop is notorious for having groups with very strange names, one idol group was so embarrassed of their name that they refused to reveal it until right before they made their debut.
On a recent broadcast, male group BTS discussed their embarrassment over their group name (which means Bullet-Proof Boys in Korean). According to the members of the Big Hit Entertainment group, they were so embarrassed of their name that they refused to tell anyone what they were going to be called until right before their debut. Despite having a corny name, however, fans have grown to love the group and their name.
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
- It took me a while to get used to it too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- They were all like that except Jungkook ㅋㅋㅋ so cute
- I totally guessed this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- So cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ they went around saying that the name wasn’t confirmed right until they debuted ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- They were such babies back then ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
- So cute ㅋㅋㅋ