In light of the recent reports that Girls’ Generation’s Yuri is dating baseball player Oh Seung Hwan, commenters have expressed congratulations but also suspicions that things may not be as simple as they seem.
Although a plethora of congratulatory and cheerful messages have been left, some fans shared their thoughts on a darker side of this seemingly positive news.
They declared that with the national government caught in a complicated case of political corruption and bribery, news of such a popular idol group member being in a relationship seems to be too well-timed as a distraction. Some have added on that the lack of pictures appears even more suspicious.
Check out some of the top comments here:
1. [1,822, -225] Is this a government cover-up by Lee Wan Goo
2. [+1,660, -95] So something must be going on today… why release a scandal with no pictures? ㅋㅋ
4. [+1,595, -159] Let’s keep the focus on the rotting government
5. [+123, -29] Now that there’s evidence for Lee Wan Goo and Hong Jun Pyo, the best they can come up with is a celebrity scandal with no pictures, obvious tsk tsk
6. [+19, -15] With the disturbance going on with the Sewol Ferry memorial and Park Geun Hye overseas… and the government abuzz with Sung Wan Jong… a dating scandal with no pictures.. this smells fishy.