On March 25th, a 22-year-old male was arrested for staging a car accident to gain the sympathy of his ex-girlfriend in an effort to get back together.
After his girlfriend broke up with him in September 2014, the male, desperate to get back together with her, decided to come up with a scenario to win back her heart.
He staged a car accident by jumping in front of a moving taxi, thinking that his ex-girlfriend would feel bad and stay with him if he were hospitalized.
However, after the male realized that he couldn’t afford his hospital bills, he told authorities that his injuries were indeed caused by an accident and let his insurance cover his hospital expenses.
Unfortunately for him, police investigations into the man’s black box revealed suspicious activity as the male was seen running at the first taxi he saw and twisting his body as he hit the taxi in an effort to avoid being directly hit by the car.
Eventually the man confessed to staging the accident, “I thought that if I was hospitalized, my girlfriend would change her mind and nurse me back to health.” He was then arrested for fraud.
Netizens have reacted with disdain as they leave comments sympathizing with the ex-girlfriend’s plight.
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
1. [+1,508, -17] I bet the girl is even more disgusted with him now..
2. [+1,068, -8] Aigoo, you fool… did you really think she’d come back
3. [+832, -5] So many pathetic people, I swear..
4. [+694, -3] He thinks he’s some drama character tsk tsk you fool, dramas aren’t reality
5. [+521, -4] You fool~~~~~
6. [+60, -0] Poor taxi driver who had to put up with that
7. [+49, -1] I can see why he got dumped in the first place…
8. [+44, -7] Aigoo… I understand that feeling of first being told that your girlfriend wants to leave you. You feel like going crazy and the world’s falling apart… but all you have to do is wait because you’ll get over it and meet someone new. You see that old grandma walking by on the street, right? There was once a time that she loved a man more than her own life too. But time passes and love becomes not as important… so live for yourself!!
9. [+37, -4] I bet his mother wants to puke back the seaweed soup she ate after giving birth to a pathetic kid like him
10. [+29, -1] Did he not realize that it will only make him look more pathetic and she’ll want to leave him even more…
Source: Herald Econ