Netizens ponder on the two idol groups (KARA and BEAST) that have their contract expiration looming ahead of them.
On October 10th, a post on Instiz has been gaining rounds for highlighting the nearing expiration of KARA and BEAST’s contracts, expressing their worry towards the future of the two idol groups. According to the post, KARA is less likely to renew their contracts with DSP Media when it expires in January next year. This corresponds to previous posts questioning the future of the group as Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara’s contract expires, while youngest member Youngji still has time left on hers.
However, netizens argue that with BEAST, the group is likely to renew with Cube Entertainment as their contracts with agency officially end in November next year.
The comparisons garnered mixed reactions as it responded to the possible results if the group do indeed decide to not continue with their respective agencies.
KARA last released their mini-album Day & Night in South Korea last year before focusing on their Japanese promotions and individual activities, while BEAST last promoted with Ordinary last July.
KARA – January next year (scared they won’t be able to renew..)
BEAST – November next year (scared that they will renew..)
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
- Scared that they ‘ll renew….so funny but sad…
- We’re scared KARA will renew too…the company doesn’t seem to be pushing them much…I hope they will just move companies but Youngji’s contract expires later so they will probably stay..
- BEAST pleaseeee leave Cube
- Honestly in Cube they only treat Hyuna well business wise.
- I read on some site that there are rumors that some BEAST members will renew contracts while others leave…please don’t let this be true ㅠㅠㅠ